Wednesday, May 4, 2011

thirsty. . .

Aye, we need rain! The winds blow warm, the nights are hot. . .and it's spring.
My garden beds are green- I've been hose watering, but all around the earth is burnt and cracked. This afternoon John held the hose and I watched cardinals, finches, doves, mockingbirds in my front yard dipping water from the hose junction- a bright cardinal lifted his neck, bubbling down water. In south Texas all creation thirsts.

So, this morning our neighbor came for breakfast-a kind man, he grows and sells beautiful plants; his soul is parched-here, drink living water, water without cost . . .

As for Me? Keep thirsting, drinking-always. . .

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1)

No comments: