Tuesday, May 31, 2011

176 verses

Patricia invited me for an evening at her place last week.
And she invited Laura-we met for the first time.
There were treats-fruit, dates, hot herbal tea. . .and good conversation right from the start.
Every person's life story is unique, intriguing, don't you think? I love to listen. . .how does Gospel truth intersect here? I ask myself, because it does, always, I'm certain. . .
I've discovered that much of my life struggle has to do with the focus of my longing. . .
mmm, what if we read Psalm 119, aloud, right now? I suggested that night.
So, we collected 3 Bibles and started at the beginning. We read all 176 verses, taking turns, making observations along the way; we read for an hour. . . imagine that?

My soul languishes for your salvation. . . my eyes fail with longing for your Word. . . revive me according to Your lovingkindness, I will never forget your precepts. . .I anticipate the nightwatches that I may meditate on Your Word. . .O how I love Your law! . . .revive me, O Lord, according to your word, revive me. . .revive me. . .


Then we drank water. . .and I ate more dates.


A good evening, indeed.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That is AWESOME! What an encouragement - sometimes I feel like I search for ways to "naturally" bring in God's Truth into a conversation... and yet, how much better can you get than just reading the Word together! Sounds like a lovely time together! Thank you for sharing such an encouraging idea!