Monday, May 9, 2011

half-finished

This week I'm working to finish up all that is not . . .so, I added a little collar here-mmmm, not a perfect collar, but I doubt she'll notice. . .the sweet grandaughter we're expecting in July.
And next the buttons-maybe wooden or pewter?
And there's more unfinished stuff around here. . .yarn and fabric, reading and writing, sorting and sending; for me there's delight in the process aswell as the product-I love the feeling of a home in process-
(I think I wrote a post about that, once!)
But honestly- half-finished seems to be the theme around here these days.
I'm working on it. . .
Mostly, though, I don't want half-finished relationships.
Today-how can I bring God the most glory?
So, this week I'll make some phone calls, send some notes, set up some belated coffee dates, arrange some visits. . . and love the people in my life, wholeheartedly, until the end.


. . . a worthy pursuit

2 comments:

Rachel said...

a worthy pursuit indeed! and one that requires planning...

Denise said...

I am glad we were able to sneak in a coffee date the other week... how I wish they were more often! I chatted with your husband about your summer travels because I wanted to see when we could have you both over... looks like October. :)