Wednesday, May 11, 2011

radishes with butter

The other day I pulled these lovely red globes from my friend's radish patch.
I thought of Malachai, my sweet grandson. . .he likes radishes too.
And he's having a birthday!
"Gran, can we have whole radishes dipped in butter like they do in France!"
Okay, okay, my boy- imagining that you were in Texas for your birthday. . . I would prepare a large bowl of radishes just for you and me-with butter on the side, like they do in France.
(Believe me, nobody else in Texas eats radishes with butter.)


then we'd eat cake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amaleah learned that from Malachai too, and she loves it that way!

naomi said...

I gave malachai his birthday gift from you a few hours ago, mom. when I told him I had a gift from you he said "oooooh! I wonder what book it will be this time?!" . . . and I guess he liked it because he is on the last chapter right now.