Thursday, May 19, 2011

sweet encouragement

Last week Amaleah spent the night with John and me-just one little grandaughter all to ourselves in this big house. . .so, we ran errands in the afternoon and stopped at a special shop for a little treat; then I asked Amaleah what she does with her other grandmother. . .

"Well, we have a sewing project and a cooking project. . . we always have coffee in the afternoon with a treat that she baked and saved in the freezer!"
I sighed, confessing to Amaleah that the treats I bake get eaten up fast or given away. . .I rarely think about saving and freezing for another day.
"That's okay, Gran, you are two different people!" she said.
Ah- sweet, impartiality. . . (and 8 year old wisdom)

cousins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love that my children get to make sweet memories with both sets of grandparents...a rare blessing indeed.