Wednesday, March 30, 2011

some 5 year old wisdom

One evening last week John and I were grandparent babysitters. Julia talked-and when it came time for the bedtime chat. . .

"Gran, does God have a birthday?

"God has no beginning, no end, he's always been. . .so, sweet girl, God doesn't have a birthday!" (grandmother wisdom)

"I don't understand that," she said. (5 year old wisdom)

then-

"Gran, is Aunt Mercy a grown up?"

"hmmm-Sure, Aunt Mercy's a grown up!"

"No, I don't think so," she said. . ."Aunt Mercy is 1/2 grown up and 1/2 kid."

Aunt Mercy and Julia

3 comments:

Rachel said...

hmmmmmm.....I'd be interested in hearing what Aunt Mercy thinks about Julia's reflections!

Unknown said...

loooove it. I think she's got Aunt Mercy just about right.

Mercy Newton said...

YOU BET I'M A GROWN UP!