Monday, March 14, 2011

Colossians-2 verses a week. . .

It's been a good week-I planted tomato seedlings (and nudged aside the bluebonnets to accomodate the eggplant).
This week I'm memorizing Colossians 1: 15-18, the preeminence of Christ. . .
And one evening I visited LM -she's 92.
I love the story-in December LM misdialed her phone and my friend, Patricia, answered.
So, they talked. . .Patricia listened, prayed, and many many phone calls later. . .

"Would you come with me to visit LM? I need an older woman along."
Sure. . .
I am older-but not yet 92!
So we went. . .winding through the corridor maze at the assisted living facility, we found LM waiting in her little room, expectantly.
She told us her life story- and I thought, "as sparks fly upward, so man was born to adversity."
"See, I'm reading Genesis on my Kindle," she said
her kindle?
And later, "Do you really believe that Jesus is God??" she asked.
Oh, indeed, I do!
I spied a Bible in a pile-

All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church. . .(colossians 1: 15-18)

Then LM said, "I better read Colossians. . .if I can figure out this Kindle."
Now then- could a week be better?

1 comment:

patricia said...

I love your story. So as it happened, the next morning "they" called LM into the mgr office. Apparently they were concerned that LM had invited some people over that she had met over the phone. She told everyone who would listen about her visitors the night before. A divine appt indeed!!!