Friday, March 4, 2011

authentic blessing

I grew up out west- a yankee. . .but I've lived in the South for 20 years.
hmmm. . .Texas sky is big, folks are friendly, and when God brings you to a place- well, it's always good.
Texas talk is different. . .Bless your heart gets sandwiched into all sorts of dialogue. I'm still trying to decipher the hidden meaning -
And randomly I say it (really, me ?) -bless her heart just slips out when I don't know what else to say. . .

But sometimes my heart is honestly blessed, and the words ring authentic. . .
dear girls-
for me, last Friday's prayer time was amazing-
I didn't prod (or did I?)-you shared your circumstances, but aswell the inside part-one of you even came back after everthing was shared and added a personal part, without a prompt. We laughed and cried-you yearned to love God and people.
And you took the little strips of paper and prayed the Scriptures for each other- for me.
Really girls, you bless my heart -I see grace at work .

1 comment:

Dre Legit said...

mmmm. Me too. :) it was good to be in prayer for others. :)