Monday, March 21, 2011

they grow up. . .what to do?

We're spending a few days with our north Texas family-playing, working, talking a lot . . .
I have 8 children, all grown up-
And sometimes I wonder, How do I show them love-now?
I haven't discovered a formula, a do this, don't do that manual -
Be available-that's good. . .drive the extra mile, lend a hand, listen, give cheer, pray really hard for them.
love is patient, kind, not jealous, does not brag, is not arrogant, is not rude, does not seek it's own. . .bears, endures all things. . .(1 cor 13)
I'll keep learning how to do this- and I'm grateful that they keep coming over, keep inviting us back-and keep trusting us with their children. Imagine that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed I think you are doing a really wonderful job! Thanks for hanging out with me yesterday, I always love going shopping with you...and not just because you always tell me to buy it.

Jamey said...

I think you are doing an incredible job. We feel so very loved. And I think often how thankful I am for a "mom" that prays for us. WE ARE BLESSED! Thanks for loving, serving, and praying for me and my family.