Monday, February 28, 2011

kitchen face lift. . .

This week I'm ruminating about blessings. . .like my amazing new baking drawer.
My good friend, Cameron, has been visiting.
She came from Missouri on business. . . we've had our own business going on.
you see, Cameron bravely offered to help organize my kitchen-she's really good at that.
Darcie, it's all about centers. . . okay, I believe you.
So, we emptied my entire kitchen into the dinning room-(my husband said, Scarey!)
Over 20 years, Cameon and I have weathered a lot of life-and now my kitchen. . .
she wasn't put off by my dust and disorder-(or the 2 dried up cockroaches in the corner cupboard) and I was okay with it. . .good friends.

We worked 2 days and just about finished the job; while I was wearing down and itchy to move on, Cameron seemed energized by my kitchen challenge.
It's like this. . .I would skip lunch to write something (or talk) and my friend would skip lunch to organize something, imagine that?

mmmm, now my kitchen has a drink center. . .drop by sometime and see.
(thanks old friend)

5 comments:

Cat said...

Lookin' good! :) Ryan does this for me every two years or so. It's been so helpful!

Unknown said...

What a great way to spend time with Cameron because I'm sure you got in some great conversations! Does this mean I won't know where anything is in your kitchen anymore?

Dre Legit said...

mmmmm I may need to stop by! ;)

Heather Pelczar said...

If I knew how to organize that well I would skip meals to finish it up, too! Brilliant. centers...that's brilliant! Your kitchen looks great (well, the baking center that I see...) and I wish I could drop by to see the other centers your have created. :) Enjoy! (doesn't it feel fresh and roomy when it gets done?)

Anonymous said...

One of these days, I am going to stop by!
Donna