Wednesday, February 23, 2011

strips of paper in a jar

Last week Amy, Dahlia, and I met for coffee. . .

How can we share our lives-and better minister to the girls in our Friday night group?
(and all the other girls the Lord may bring our way)
hmmm, wonderful girls-I love them!

It seems we share the circumstancial parts of life, no problem. . .jobs, school, trips, money, health, people, pets-and we talk about God and the heart of the matter.

But really, I want more, more of their lives!
Paul, the apostle, prayed for those he loved, and I have in my hands his inspired words, prayers from the heart of God!

So, we have a plan (at least a start) . . Amy offered to write Scripture prayers on strips of paper to fill a jar; then Fridays we'll each pull a strip from a jar and use the words to guide our prayers, prayers beyond the circumstances, if you know what I mean?

And of course, I'm thinking about Colossians; this week I'm reviewing and memorizing Colossians 1:11-14, and praying. . .that you may be strengthened with all power according to His glorious might, with all endurance and patience with joy.
(And Lord, that's what I need today-endurance and patience with joy.)

2 comments:

Barbie Shadrick said...

I miss so much the friday night meetings. I wish I could attend again. But I left with so many ideas and hoping I could put them to practice here in Peru. Love you Darcie and miss ya'll so much. God Bless!

Dre Legit said...

Mmmmm I love it. :) Can't wait for Friday! :)))