Wednesday, February 2, 2011

bread, jam, and more. . .

. I love toast and jam for breakfast. . .my husband loves leftovers for breakfast, like leftover dinner-we're different that way.
Of course I love him inspite of and because of his strange breakfast preference and anticipate getting home to him in Texas in a few days, but in the meantime. . .I'm enjoying daily morning toast and jam (raspberry!) and coffee with Abigail.
And while we munch and sip, we've been memorizing Colossians.
Last month Abi set out this little challenge-memorizing Colossians in a year, 2 verses a week.
mmmm-a worthy pursuit and manageable. I want to do this!
So, this week we're working on Colossians 1:7-8 and reviewing. . .in Colossae the gospel was bearing fruit and growing among the believers, bearing fruit and growing-
I want that, for me.
This is good-memorizing chunks of Scripture. . .8 verses tucked away and into February we go.

3 comments:

Dre Legit said...

Texas is excited for you to come back. :) The cold has beat you however. 18 today. What???? :)))

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Our church in NM memorized Colossians last year, and with all the changes I didn't keep up with it. I'll do it this year, though. Thanks for the encouragement.