Sunday, February 20, 2011

a weekend to remember. . .and 39 years.

So-my bike has been parked upstairs for about 6 months-for a variety of good reasons (yes, at our house the bikes stay inside)

"How about a bike ride?" John asked me.

It was Sunday afternoon and a bike riding sort of day in south Texas-Sure!

He did all the work-collected the stuff, loaded up the bikes, planned the route. We ended up on the new bike path through a portion of downtown, under the city-nice perspective.


And the night before. . .the symphony! Vivaldi, Beethoven, 3rd row seats at the Majestic Theater, Imagine that?
So, I'm remembering: the symphony on Saturday (he didn't fall asleep), a bike ride on Sunday (I didn't fall off)-with the same man, celebrating 39 good years.
And I'm grateful to the Giver of all good things.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What? We gave away 3rd row seats???? Yay, so glad you enjoyed it. I've been meaning to ask you about it!

Mercy Newton said...

SO FUN! and 39 years? that's awesome....amazing.

Heather Pelczar said...

Anything with Vivaldi has GOT to be good. #rd row sets after 39 years- even better. A bike ride where nobody falls off- icing on the cake!
Praise the Lord for the length of a good marriage. May it celebrate many more!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy anniversary my sweet sister Darcie. You and Brother John are such a blessing to me and I am sure everyone who knows you both. May our Lord continue to shower with His mercy and lovingkindness on you both all the days of your life. Patricia

Anna said...

I love that your bikes stay inside! Mine does too!

Happy belated anniversary!