Monday, February 14, 2011

to walk. . .fully pleasing to him

I'm back home in Texas. . .Texas cold! Last week while I was in the northlands, a water pipe froze and burst in our garage. . .here in south Texas-imagine that?

So, I keep on with this worthy pursuit-keep on memorizing Colossians, 2 verses a week.
Today I'm reviewing Colossians 9-10. . ."asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the lord, fully pleasing to him. . ."

And I'm praying it. . .for myself, for you-

fully pleasing to Him . .today I'm aware of my deep need for the rescuing grace of God as I struggle against a particular sinful attitude-to be fully pleasing to Him means that I keep fighting against persistent sin!

fully pleasing to Him. . .a few days before my trip to New York, a dear friend shared with me her affliction-a trial which will change her life forever. We wept together that day.
And this week we met again over coffee-the trial is still there, a tangled web. . . "How are you?" I ask.
I listen, listen. . . and I hear my friend clinging to the truths of Scripture.

So I tell her, "Dear friend, you encourage me so much! moment by moment keep clinging to truth, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him. . ."

No comments: