Monday, January 3, 2011

worthy pursuits-2011

So-5 days before Christmas I returned home from a 3 week stay in California; John and I sat on the bed that night, opening and reading all the holiday cards and letters-he saved them in a box. I love holiday news letters-I'm that sort of woman. . .
hmmm-I haven't sent a paper copy of our family news in years; life keeps sprinting ahead of my pen-and then I wonder, what exactly do I want to write, anyway? there are always changes that define our lives in some way-like my mom went to heaven in November, and the delight of these added. . .
Josiah married Lindsey in July

Adalyn Grace born to Noah and Jamey-August 8

Rachel married Brett in October

Big changes indeed-but today I'm telling myself, "Remember, heart, the gospel defines you!"
He loved me and delivered Himself up for me. . .
I've been thinking a lot about living out the gospel in 2011-about loving others, not only with my tongue, but in deed and truth
(1 John 4:18) and about delighting. . . "One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord." (Psalm 27:4)
hmmm, worthy pursuits-we'll see how it looks in 2011. . .
(thanks ever so much for the cards and letters!)

1 comment:

Dre Legit said...

i always love your photos of your family. :) They're always so good! (makes me miss B and R too ;))

Thank you for your words, I like your word for 2011. :) I can't wait to catch up either. Hope getting back in the swing of things here is a joy. :)