Thursday, December 30, 2010

when siblings live together

Mercy has been searching the internet for a summer internship; I overhear her siblings offer, "Come live with us this summer!"
So- my children grew up, and I didn't think much about how their relationships would look in the next season. . .maybe I was consummed with encouraging toddler and teenage peacemaking-
I never imagined how it would be to sit on the sidelines and watch them relate-and sometimes live together-as adults.
it's nice.
A few weeks ago I watched sweet Selma fly to her Aunt Rachel. we met in Golden Gate Park for a big family picnic; Selma had her sights set only on,"Aunt Rachel! my Aunt Rachel!"
for 6 years in Spain, Rachel lived with Joshua and Naomi, Malachai, Josu, and Selma-in a 3 bedroom apartment.
-togetherness that can galvenize lives, in the best sort of way.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

when siblings live together....oh, such lovely things happen! the sorts of things to write and laugh about, the sorts of things that one looks back on fondly, the sorts of things that one is oh-so-grateful for.

Dre Legit said...

I miss Rachel too. :)))) So glad you and your family were able to spend such a good time together! :)