Monday, December 6, 2010

driving, reading, knitting. . .

Long road trips mean driving-reading-knitting for John and me; he drives and I read aloud. Last week we plowed through D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, The First 40 Years by Iain Murray. (more on that later!)
And when my voice is exhausted, we listen to good stuff on the CD player and I knit and knit. . .a bag of unfinished knitting projects traveled with me last week; I finished this Baby Suprise Jacket (Elizabeth Zimmerman)-you knit away on this one while wondering, what in the world is this lump of yarn?. . .and then finally- you see the little sweater forming!
I'm thinking of our Adalyn Grace who will wear it. . .


3 comments:

Nourishing NYC said...

At Nourishing NYC we’re gathering knitted items to give to individuals that do not have a place to keep warm. We deliver these knitted goods along with a hot meal–help us.

http://blog.nourishingnyc.org/2010/12/06/delivering-winter-warmth-with-nourishing-nyc/

Rachel said...

it's beautiful, Mom....absolutely beautiful! and it looked like it fit her perfectly.

Abigail said...

I agree - absolutely beautiful.