Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lavish Forgiveness-(8a)

8a?? well, I like a tidy outline-I'm content when the points and sub-points construct in orderly fashion. . . this one doesn't quite fit, but it's really important, I think-
You see, 8a is just a slight indentation in a semi-tidy outline!
Remember: bitterness is the sinful response to injustice or perceived injustice, the result of brooding upon wrongs, real or imaginary.
So-are you struggling with perceived injustice? Maybe you've taken up an offense for something that isn't an offense at all. . .
When I read through Paul's epistles, I'm struck by how the apostle was a hard man to offend- because he refused to take offense. I want to be like that.
"Love does not take into account a wrong suffered." (1 Cor 13:5)
If I focus on myself rather than on God and others I will be hurt by almost anything.
We must be women who are hard to offend- we can choose how to respond to the perceived wrongs of others.
So, what could a perceived injustice look like? My dear children have grown up, imagine that! Now 6 are married-with new extended families.
Now then, I notice the temptation in my heart to be hurt or offended when I think my children are spending more time with the other families-do you believe that? It's real, I confess-and if you have adult children, I bet you struggle with the same perceived wrongs. . .
And truly, I want to be a blessing to my grown children, to make it easy for them to love their new families-mostly, though, I want to honor God in my heart.
8a. . .Do you take up an offense at every turn? or like the apostle Paul, are you hard to offend?
A worthy pursuit, indeed.

1 comment:

ReadWriteSnap said...

I agree...I think it would be hard to accept sometimes that we are not going to be their priorities anymore..although my kids are still young, I know for sure when it comes the time that they would have their own families, I am going to be in the background (lol, orienting myself as early as now).

as for offense, my thoughts directs only to one: in every comment/talk - you can choose two ways - react or proact. Love ur posts!