Thursday, January 6, 2011

lavish forgiveness-10 (plenty of grace)

After a hiatus. . .this one is the last-11 posts about forgiveness, lavish forgiveness.
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that having all sufficiency in everything you may have an abundance for every good deed." (2 Cor 9:8)
God commands us to forgive as He forgives and then He supplies plenty of grace.
So. . .all grace abounds, all sufficiency, in everything, an abundance. . .God's grace is an amazing, mysterious resource-and it abounds to you, to me.
I'm intrigued by the testimony of those who have been capable of supernatural acts of forgiveness-women like Esther Ahn Kim, Helen Rosevere, Darlene Debler Rose, each bearing a bold testimony of Ephesians 4:32.
But for you and me. . .when it seems impossible to forgive (or when I don't want to)-no matter the extent of the offense, God's grace abounds to me-all suffcient, abundant, all grace.

Once upon a time. . .a dear one was the target of wrongful accusations, cruel comments, slander; wrongfulness overflowed to me and continued with vengeance. . . a confusing, painful season 0f my life. But-all grace abounded to me, then . . . still.
And not because I'm good-but because He IS and His grace abounds, God inclined my heart to my offender, and we were reconciled, Amazing. . .
"The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter til the full day. The way of the wicked is like darkness; they do not know over what they stumble." (Prov 4: 18)
Plainly, when I refuse to forgive, I stumble in the darkness .
Ahh, but the light of dawn shines brighter and brighter. . .like the path of the Christ follower, obsessed with forgiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Obsessed with forgiveness" ..... I like that....

Donna

KT said...

I was looking for a pattern to do baby hats out of sock yarn and found your blog. Gonna keep reading. Funny how God always puts things in our lives. I was looking for one thing and he helped me find another. I am memorizing Hebrews right now, just up to the middle of Chapter 6. Wished I would have started memorizing more years ago.