Thursday, January 13, 2011

my baby and me. . .

My girls loved reading the Betsy-Tacy books by Maude Lovelace-adventures of 3 little friends growing up in Minneapolis in the early 1900's, 10 books telling their story from kindergarden to marriage.
And the books are still loved around here-2 evenings last week Mercy and I stayed warm with knitting and tea and blankets while she read Betsy and the Big World aloud to us.

I'm thinking some more about this season of my life- on Sunday at our church meeting, my friend Patricia introduced herself to Mercy-my baby; it's curious that I live and work and worship side by side with lots of people who barely know my grown children.
Really, the transition has been going on for years-I'm getting use to it, slowly. I tell my heart, You didn't raise these children to pitch a tent in your backyard. . .
I remember my true identity-I'm in Christ, permanently adopted as his beloved child! (Eph 1:3. . .)
So- Mercy, my baby, began a new semester at college yesterday.
God is growing us both and I'm so thankful for His good plan. . .really, I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darcie! Randy and I moved our baby to Ft. Worth this week and drove home to a new season in life. The first time in 28yrs and 3mths. (although it may be temporary. You know that revolving door!) Would love to visit with you one of these days. Bonnie Mc.