Wednesday, November 17, 2010

winding yarn and a little project

So- many big things are invading my life these days, but today I'm taking pleasure in a few small things-like I bought a red watch band for my very old watch and I'm winding yarn by hand-
The spinner at the yarn shop winds nice flat "yarn cakes" - when dropped they don't roll under the furniture. . .but today- the repetitive motion, winding, winding, creating this cushy soft ball of yarn-hmmm, nice.
And this yarn is so lovely, Cascade 220 superwash wool-and such a good deal.
I'm planning a little girl hat for a baby soon to be born, to be named Thora. A wool hat for a Texas baby? Really, Texas has some cold winter days- besides, a girl named Thora must have roots in the northland. . .
When she visits her grandmother up north, she will wear this hat
. . .I imagine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who does Thora belong to?