Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lavish forgiveness-4 (Promise)

Did you know that God's Pattern of forgiveness includes a promise?
"I am the one who wipes out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins. . .I will forgive their iniquity and remember their sins no more." (Isaiah 43:25, Jer 31:34)
"He casts all our sins behind his back." (Isaiah 38:17)
"As far as the east is from the west He removes our transgressions from us." (Ps 103:12)
In thoughts, attitudes, actions we sin daily against our God-infact every sin I commit is an assault against God's infinite glory!
But God has gone on record: I choose not to remember your sins-so we must go on record. Have you ever noticed that forgiveness is an emotionally charge subject??
But forgiveness is a promise, not a feeling-"When God forgives he doesn't just sit in heaven and emote." (says Jay Adams!)
God chooses not to remember, "I will not bring up these matters to you or to others in the future; I will never use these sins against you."

How might this look for you and me?
So, welcome to my imaginary house- Mr. Hardworking Husband and his Dear Wife live here. . . ( anybody-me, you, friend, neighbor)
Mr. Hardworker is a good man, he loves and serves his family; one day rain beats down on the old house, leaking through the window, dripping down the wall.
And Mr. Hardworker tells Dear Wife, "Darling, assuredly, I will fix that window leak this weekend!"
However, Mr. Hardworker forgets and the rain batters that leaky window-again.
"Dear Wife, forgive me-assuredly, I'll do the job this weekend."
"I forgive you", she says.
Now then, Mr. Hardworker works hard and he plays hard- the sun shines all weekend, he plays frisbee golf with friends (or just maybe he's out on his bicycle?)
Again he delays the job, again the rain washes through, again he humbly asks his dear wife's forgivness.
"I forgive you," she says. . . "but-I knew this would happen, just like last year. . ."
Remember Soul, God has gone on record, I choose not to remember your sins-and so you and I must go on record. . .
(more "P's" to follow)

1 comment:

Amber said...

So true! Thank you for the reminder Darcie! Sometimes I need to remember this!