Friday, November 26, 2010

Lavish Forgiveness-6 (Price)

Problem continued. . .
God's instruction is clear; I keep putting it before me, "forgive one another as God in Christ Jesus has forgiven you." (Eph 4:32, Col 3:13)
Soul, Why is it so hard?
"For God to forgive is something great; for us to forgive, though some think it great, should be regarded as a very small thing." (said a wise person)
Forgiveness costs us something-it's hard because I think the price is too great!
we know saving grace is free, lavish-but down in our hearts, we want eye for eye justice; we're hard wired that way-forgiveness offends our sense of justice! (have you ever noticed?)
So, forgiveness God's way requires me to accept with grace the wrongs others commit against me-and not demand what I think is my just due.
Ah, how quickly my wandering heart forgets that it cost God to forgive me-it cost Him the death of his son. . .so-when the price seems too great, remind yourself, "God did not spare his own son but delivered him up for us all" (Rom 8:32)
Remember Soul, for me to forgive should be regarded as a very small matter. . .
(for another post-more about the Problem in a Parable)

No comments: