Monday, November 8, 2010

"tieso como viejo. . ."

Autumn arrived, daylight savings ended-and light casts new shadows on the wood floors at my house (how I love the windows!)
John meets with 2 young men on Monday mornings -5:30 AM; they're reading The Trellis and the Vine (C. Marshall, T. Payne)
Sunday nights I pull the coffee maker out of the closet, measure the coffee and water; in the morning my husband, a non coffee drinker, just presses the button.
This morning I sat in my room reading Psalm 37. . ."The steps of a man are established by the Lord. . .when he falls he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand."
And I was enjoying the low rumble of masculine voices, an occasional hearty laugh (my husband!) I can tell, John is loving this opportunity to be with the young men-to pursue the gospel, ministry, communty. . .
At 7 AM he bent to kiss me before leaving for school, "How are you?" I asked.
"tieso como viejo" (stiff like and old man), he answered
"Me too. . .tiesa como vieja", I told him.
hmmm, I'm remembering the pattern of life with our good King, "I have been young and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken" (Ps 37:25)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh so sweet to speak another language with your husband!