Monday, November 29, 2010

unpacking. . . and repacking

We just returned from a whirlwind road trip-almost 3,000 miles on new tires (says my dear husband). . .to Indiana and home to Texas with Memphis and Dallas sandwitched in. . .
hmmm, Thanksgiving with Brett and Rachel. . .and November in Indiana-I need to modify my camera techiniques (or finish knitting up those fingerless gloves!)
Rachel and I divided up the meal prep, soberly critiqued our pie crusts. . .
And as always, we ate left over pie for breakfast the next morning-pie for breakfast in Indiana!

And now I'm unpacking, washing, sorting, repacking; in 2 days I'll be off again, to California, for awhile. Part of me wants to hunker down here at home, in my own bed, my own kitchen, with my church-here.
California-God has opportunities for me there, and people for me there.
And it will be good. . .it all depends on my perspective, you know.
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepaed beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Eph 2:10)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Praying for You! You have been missed. And I'm thinking that even when you are in California, part of your church will be with you still. (Have you read "The Tuft of Flowers" by Robert Frost?)