Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"my mouth will speak the praise of the Lord"

thinking about my new blank book. . .
Last month Kate and I finished our study of "Trusting God"- what next? Kate suggested we study prayer. . .good-so I shuffled through a stack of resources and chose a book to give our pursuit some guidance and and a little structure; I like how the book encourages "open book prayer". . . praying Scripture. For December, we agreed to base our praise and worship on Psalm 145.
"Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever (vs 2). . .On the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wonderful works, I will meditate (vs 5). . .The Lord is gracious and merciful; slow to anger and great in lovingkinness (vs 8). . .The Lord is good to all, and His mercies are over all His works (vs 9). . .The Lord is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds (vs 17). . .My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord; and all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever (vs21). . ."
hmmm, it's been good-January we'll open the Scripture and pray Isaiah 40:9-31.
Maybe I'll fill my new blank book with reminders of a worthy pursuit.

1 comment:

Barbie Shadrick said...

what is the book you're reading now?