Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a lovely blank book. . .

On New Year's Eve day we strolled along the new extension of the San Antonio Riverwalk with Noah and Jamey; Luke joined came too with Julia and Landis in the stroller. Before descending to the river level, we wandered into The Twig bookstore, newly moved to an upscale location-and there were memories for me. I remember outings to The Red Balloon, the children's bookstore adjoining The Twig, with all my children together; we would browse, sit and page through new books, shuffle through the bucket of free children's book posters, selecting a few to paper our walls-from time to time we would buy a book, but not often.
But on this visit I bought a book, a lovely blank book for the new year-I couldn't resist; I'm enjoying just thinking about how to fill the pages in 2010 (I have stacks of filled blank books. . .)
nice memory, nice purchase. . .with worthy potential.

Dad, is it too heavy for you to push me and Landis uphill in the stroller?

1 comment:

HANDSOME PAUL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.