Monday, April 5, 2010

he loves museums. . .

Some women marry men whose interests exactly parallel their own. . .but most often not.
and there lies the adventure-not just to forbear, but to appreciate the differences.
my dear husband loves museums. . .loves, loves them.
I like museums, but I think I'm reasonable. . .
my husband, however, examines every exhibit, reading, rumminating over each description; he would be delighted to find himself in a museum after closing, hoping the exhibits would come to life-so he could interact with the museum.
not me. . .
Of course, in London one can be a glutton for museums- and in the ancient Egyptian section of the British Museum, I discovered my husband in the midst of a group of school children-examining their pencil drawings of ancient artifacts.

Sigh, after 37 years- still learning to delight in the differences.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it...I guess I didn't realize that about Popi, and now I know why my husband got a double dose of "museum love" in his genes...My grandfather was the same way; he had to read every single thing!

Michigan Kate said...

hehe.. is "Night at the Museum" his favorite movie?

Rachel said...

i love this -- i don't know if i would have described popi this way ("he loves museums"), but now that you've said it, I have all sorts of childhood memories flooding back!

p.s. I think i'm more like you. two hours is my MAX (and that's when I'm trying to be polite to my fellow travelers)