Friday, April 9, 2010

trusting in the fog

Amid my trip reading, I came across a quote by Edith Schaeffer, written during a period of uncertainty. . .
"I am impressed by the constantly repeated opportunities in this life to trust God in the fog."
hmmm-really good. . .she reminds me to be impressed (not fearful), to consider the challenges and fog as opportunities-expected and repeated, opportunities to trust God.
with Abigail and Nathaniel in Canterbury

So, across the ocean, my three girls, the wonderful spouses and grandchildren, are in the midst of that repeated opportunity to trust God in the fog.
Where will they be come fall? how much stuff can 2 suitcases hold?
where, when, how. . .about all of life's details?
I'm watching and praying, expectant-and I'm thinking. . .
thinking that when my children experience the fog, I kind of wish it was me in the fog, not them.
hmmm-I suppose that's a mother's struggle to trust God, the Creator and Sustainer of life, who loves my children-His children; the Lord of glory who sacrificed His life for them. . .
then I remember that God is on the throne and his sovereignty rules over all. (Ps 103)
It's good to meditate here: God Reigns-no matter how life appears, our God reigns.
I'm writing that in my journal this week.
The Lord reigns (has assumed kingship), let the earth rejoice." (Ps 96)

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I am going to write that quote into one of my journals too - so good.