Tuesday, April 13, 2010

all things to enjoy. . .richly

last week I met a friend for coffee and she asked me to tell about my trip. . . so I began to tell-
then I asked, "What do you enjoy about international travel?"
"Culture and Food", she said.
hmmm, me too- and I enjoy seeing the things that grow-all sorts of growing things.
On our last day in England, Abi and I took a walk through her Bromley neighborhood, to her local shopping area, and of course we stopped for a coffee, outdoors on a lovely spring morning. Bromley was bright with blooming things-hmmm, God has given us all things richly to enjoy!
so easy to forget. . .all things and just how richly.
And this?. . .the Ancient Herb Garden at Cantebury Cathedral-I asked John to take a picture of Abi and me (avid herb gardeners!) in the ancient herb garden -a place where things once grew, and maybe again one day-
hmmm, my mind always goes to those spiritual lessons. . .

3 comments:

godnov said...

So fun to see pictures of your trip, Darcie! What a blessing for you to be able to visit with THREE of your sweet children. God is good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

i'm a little late with this, but -- i love this picture of you and abi (and no, it's not just abi's hat and bag that i'm eyeing!)