Saturday, April 10, 2010

good works prepared. . .

Every week holds those unexpecteds. . . one evening last week my husband talked with a man who was struggling. . .in his marriage, wrestling with life.
John suggested that his wife call me.
that's fine- I didn't think she'd call.
but she called.
we made a date at my house early the next morning.
I noted my reluctance- it will be hard, heavy, probably messy-not what I had planned for tomorrow. . .
But by morning. . .well, God had given me new resolve-and grace, sweet grace. . .
I was reminded-what a privilege to proclaim the truth of Scripture, to offer it lovingly, gently, boldly, to challenge a woman (challenge myself) with the choice to honor the Savior even when it's very hard. . .
So, she came-her car had a flat tire, but she changed the tire and drove to my house-she talked and I talked; it was hard but so so good.
And in the evening I met my friend Jennifer over coffee; I shared some of that heart struggle and God's faithfulness to me.
Jennifer reminded me that the Lord Jesus saved us for good works that God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Eph 2:10)
And as we discover what He has prepared for us, those good works will not be burdensome. . . for His yoke is easy and His load is light.
Ah, yes. . .

1 comment:

Doris Price said...

Hello Darcie,

Donna shared with me your Blog link and I so appreciated reading some of the different posts. It was almost like I could hear you saying some of the words. You do have that special GOD given gift Sister of always ready to listen in that is a sweet savor up to the LORD and a witness of HIS grace in your actions. May HE richly bless your visit there.

Have a blessed trip,
Doris Price