Wednesday, April 28, 2010

coming home to Texas

I use to be a West Coast snob-I'm still a bit of one, for pride dies hard, so I've discovered.
You see, I was raised in lovely Northern California-land of vast mountains and amazing ocean beaches. . .
Then God brought us to live in Texas-20 years ago, imagine that!
I tell people that Texas has big sky and friendly people. . .
and summers are very hot. . .
And God works on my heart, reminding me to be thankful when I grumble about the scorching summers, where all things green wilt, turn brown by July.
And I forget that God made Texas beautiful-especially in the spring.
So, we returned from 2 weeks in Europe and disovered this-Bluebonnets and Larkspur blooming in our front yard.
And the next week, after some rain and a little cultivation, yellows, reds, whites appeared in the garden. . .
I love the suprise of seeing the perennials send out runners and appear in new parts of the garden.
And I remember the afternoon in March when we left for London-Francey came to take us to the airport and I was in the garden, "things grow in the spring here, I have to bury some seeds before I fly off from Texas!" I told her.
So, I came home to Texas the beautiful-thank you, Lord Jesus, for the reminder. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

I have my doubts about what this garden will look like when I see it in June -- so thanks for posting such lovely pictures for me to dream about...

RooseveltHouchi嬌琪 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.