Tuesday, April 13, 2010

over coffee in the UK. . .in Spain

This morning in San Antonio I'm waiting for a friend. . .soon we'll have coffee and talk about how our view of God impacts everything-our thoughts, attitudes, words, relationships. . .
last month on a Saturday morning in Bromley, Ellen came for brunch with her four little ones; what a busy little bunch around Abi's table-a reminder of me 20 years ago. then Nathaniel and John took the children out to play-and we were there-3 women over coffee and the Word in south London.
I love these young women. . ."No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man, but God is faithful. . ."
(I think I got a little zealous with Abi's whizzing milk frother. . .)
A few mornings later I was in Pamplona, over coffee with Naomi, Rachel, Miriam-
they invited me to join their weekly meeting at a local shop, always the same location for an intentional meeting over the Word, with coffee and a croissant divided 4 ways. . .
these women read 30 chapters a week:
"Have you read it all? How has it given you encouragement in your spiritual life? in light of it, is there something you need to change in your behaviour, attitude, thoughts?"
"What about your gospel gospel opportunities this week?" they ask each other. . .
we sat at a little round table with our Bibles open. . .in a coffee shop-noisey, crowded, smokey-in northern Spain. . .
And I was very thankful to be there too.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

and we were thankful to have YOU! maybe, in the future, you and I will get to ask each other these questions...over coffee, of course (and croissant. but preferably no smoke).

Lylah Ledner said...

my darling daughter who used to be in Basque Country sent me the link to your blog. she said that i'd love it and i totally do. you're a woman after my own heart. keep up the good work and may He expand the borders of your skirt to bring many more women along side in these days where younger women are crying out for Titus 2 mentors.