Tuesday, March 30, 2010

mind the gap. . .

Riding the trains around London, I'm initially attentive to the melodious voice, Please mind the gap between the platform and the train. . .
Please mind the gap- being a word person, I love it-mind the gap. . .
And the next time I board the train, I listen for the caution, savoring the phrase.
I glance down at the gap-hmmm, a portion of my small body could indeed slip through that gap, or my shoe or glasses. . .
by and by the phrase looses its intrigue-I hear the words, charming words, but just a pleasant voice and words-
then I wonder about other words-life changing words, which after awhile trickle into my mind and heart-
like my favorite old shoes, good and comfortable, no more.
like. . .
"the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me. . ."(Gal2:20)
the Son of God- loved me and delivered Himself up for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.