Monday, March 8, 2010

anticipation

I love the picture- my little grandsons, peering through the mail slot in this great door in France.
Tomorrow John and I will catch a plane to London to visit Nathaniel and Abigail; the next week we'll fly to Spain to visit Joshua and Naomi, Rachel. . .and the grandchildren.
sometimes it's hard to set aside today's life, to open the door to an anticipated adventure- excited to go, reluctant to leave, you know how it is.
And it will be wonderful-with lots to tell . . .

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Love this photo...it is on my inspiration board...

Enjoy the time in Europe!

BTW: I also used to embroider on everything in the 70s. Had a bag of boys clothes given to me when our first was born. Mostly baby blue, of course. I embroidered little flowers on them...to make them feminine. I also had a La Leche baby pouch that I made with denim - and added a bunch of embroidered stuff to that.
Yes, Darcie...we come from the same era...yes?

Dawn said...

One more thing.

Glad you could use the music.
Great story.
:)

Michigan Kate said...

We'll miss you, but we're so excited you get to go and see your family (and have adventures!)

Lydia said...

Mrs. Newton,
I will be praying for you and Mr. Newton! Can't wait to hear all about your trip once you get back! Have a wonderful time! :)

Much Love,
Lydia.

Naomi Smith said...

oh yes! we've got adventure waiting for you! we can't wait!