Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the pleasure of a coat. . .

winter's waning in northern Spain. . . so, I offered to wear Rachel's brown coat back to the States, the lovely coat with the fabulous lining.
yesterday we left London, and I wore the coat-on the train, the tube, the plane. . .with delays, a missed flight, an unexpected overnight-
I wore the brown coat and took extra pleasure in the lining-cream and paisely, blue ribbon accent, a tiny trimmed pocket hidden inside.
and I thought of Rachel (did you know that I love to wear my girls' clothes!) back in Spain. . .
we got home this morning-John arrived in school just a wee late.
sleep sounds good. . .then the stories.

3 comments:

Naomi Smith said...

oh my! a missed flight? sounds like adventure to me!
(and good thing you looked so stylish as you adventured!)

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

:) such a lovely fun coat! isn't it amazing how little details can bring us pleasure?
looking forward to the stories!!!

Dawn said...

Delightful surprise within the coat!!!
Looking forward to your future posts.
!!