Friday, March 26, 2010

timid in the tube and more

Did you know I love train travel? 6 days in London and I know a little more of the challenges (and charm) of public transport. . .
We landed at London, Heathrow on the first day of our trip-and there was sweet Abigail.
John and I hadn't seen our daughter in a year and a half- he recognized her from a distance, briskly walking towards us in her red coat! Abi had kindly offered to meet us at the airport on our first day of adventure with public transport-she had even purchased our all-day transport passes. Oh My, how our girl charged fearlessly (Me, timidly) through crowds and ticket gates to get us on and off the London tube. . .
so nice to follow a seasoned public transporter. . . finally we deboarded the train in Bromley and hiked the mile through town; up the hill and around the bend-and at the crest of the hill, there was Christ Church, Bromley-and a sign which seemed a perfect greeting for John and me. . .
the church offers lunch to local seniors each Wednesday-
we had just missed it. . .

6 comments:

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

oh, this made me smile!!!
love Abi's red coat, love that sign, and LOVE that you were able to visit N & A. :D

Unknown said...

okay, that sign is amazing! Why don't we have a sign like that over here?

Michigan Kate said...

haha! that sign made me laugh!

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

HEHE!!!!!!!!! I love that sign! So awesome! :-D
Hugs
Nichole

Julie West said...

I love the picture of you and Mr. Newton! You both look so young, just prematurely gray :-)

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, I love the sign, and it made me laugh!~
Donna