Monday, August 15, 2011

There were pinwheels for Molly and Eddie's wedding-lovely.
then my camera battery died.
so sad-but the good part. . . no camera means more conversation!
I met Fern and Merv, retired missionaries from Africa and Mexico. They just celebrated 55 years of marriage. Last year Fern had a stroke.
"I don't really do anything now," she said.
"You pray, don't you?" I asked.
"Yes, I pray. . .and I enjoy my husband!" she touched Merv's knee.
"Do you have marriage advice?" I asked.
And without hesitation Fern said, ". . .stop-sit down-have a cup of coffee-and enjoy one another!"

I'll be remembering. . .

2 comments:

Valerie said...

what great advice! …if only my husband drank coffee :)

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

what wonderful advice! it's always so good to stop and sit with coffee together - even if it means that other things wait. : )

I once met a woman who was celebrating 65 years and her advice was "stick with him!"