Thursday, August 18, 2011

from house to house. . .

We spent the last weeks of our summer road trip traveling house to house, visiting our own children. We walked the older neighborhood where Josiah and Lindsey live in Memphis.
And we craddled our newest grandaughter, sweet Gwyneth.

I watch and listen to all these children of mine . . . and their unique and varied lives. They've lived in places I couldn't have imagined 10 years ago-California, Colorado, Indiana, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Spain, England-this summer one couple moved to Mexico City (mega-city!) and another to Ohio (college town!) . . . And not only the places, but the pursuits-Ah, so this is what God was preparing her for. . .I had no idea! (Mother's think like that)


I remind myself that God has a good plan-mostly I pray that each would follow Jesus, especially in hard places. . .and sometimes I'm grateful that they are young, and I am old, just watching, cheering them on. Dear Ones-Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. (Ps 37)


No comments: