Tuesday, August 9, 2011

home is good. . .

And for those souls (like me) who love to travel, there's a time to be home-mmm, home is good.
after 5 weeks on the road, 6,000 miles, and a quick trip to California for my niece's wedding, I'm home to stay-at least for awhile.
Today I'm resisting the temptation to react to the undone, all that waits for me. . .to resist making 20 appointments this week- (perhaps 1 or 2)

This morning I sat- simply sat in my regular spot, at the regular time, with my favorite worn out Bible. . .I'm back to the beginning of Psalms.
In the morning, O Lord, you will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to you and eagerly watch (Ps 5)
And it was good.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome home! I look forward to a time where we can chat over coffee about your summer of adventures! I know the feeling about reacting to the undone. It seems it takes at least as long as I am gone somewhere to get "caught back up" and back to normal!

Unknown said...

good reminder as I just arrived home and faced similar things today--Mercy said, "let it be..."and then we enjoyed some coffee...