Friday, August 12, 2011

in the path of old saints

Rachel texted me, Glad you got home safely. . .with stories to tell, I hope??
Indeed, I have people stories. . .
So, I want to park myself in the path of old saints, Christ followers who have followed and followed, followed fully; you know the kind, they're like gold. . .
The sweet lady on the left is Helen Kay-she's grandmother, aunt, mother-in-law to this group.

Helen Kay is gold. One morning we sat together and I asked questions; her life is marked by adversity, a particular affliction with no earthly end in view.
But Helen Kay doesn't talk a lot about her circumstances-today I see her face as I work on Colossians 2:6-7, "Therefore as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith. . .abounding in thanksgiving."
We hugged goodbye, "Darcie, I'm not very deep. . .I just skim from the top." she motioned with her hand.
Oh no, Helen Kay, you live deep with the Saviour. . .
And I can learn much-

No comments: