Monday, June 20, 2011

when the kitchen is 100 degrees. . .

Today I'm going through old cooking magazines, tearing pages from Summer Cookbook. The recipes look amazing, cool dishes for hot summer days-but my kitchen is 100 degrees. . .
Summer comes and goes in my kitchen, and I've learned a few things:


  • Butter puddles fast on the counter (and honey pours onto my toast- good)

  • Yeast dough balloons up and out the bowl (hint: no summer breadmaking)

  • Buy few bananas. . .

  • Close the refridgerator door fast-less humitity inside the fridge means less drip.

  • Plug in the crockpot on the deck-outside

  • Eat salad-
Well, I say Eat Salad, but in 100 degrees food wilts, looks and tastes just so-so; I tell myself, most women in the world cook- serve- eat in hot kitchens like mine, or hotter. .
I've also learned that grumbling and comparing are in my heart, on my tongue. I know- Scripture is packed with verses about contentment, but today I just need to remember the gospel, what I deserve and the great price Jesus paid with his blood, for me.
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness (Ps 37)
. . .a very good reminder to dwell right here in my kitchen, to feed the people I love, and to be amazed by the gospel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an encouragement you are. I love you - that you always return to the Truth of the Sciptures.