Wednesday, June 29, 2011

summer on the road. . .

A few days ago we packed up the VW again, headed east on I-10, and 900 miles later we stopped in Auburn, Alabama. We spent the night in a hotel-imagine that?
My husband is an amazing packer; he fits things together like a puzzle-I watched him deftly manuvere 2 bicycles and a suitcase into the hotel elevator-I fit too.
The next morning a man in the hotel asked about our trip. . .5,000 miles planned!
Then we counted up the people we will visit-12 family groups (maybe more?)
An even dozen-we can hardly wait!




2 comments:

Rachel said...

Mom -- I'm so impressed that you're on the road and STILL BLOGGING!!!! I love it, and am looking forward to hearing about all the adventures and conversations you have on your way here....

Denise said...

I am with Rachel, I am totally impressed... and HAPPY because I love reading your blog! Praying for blessed travels and fellowship and visiting.