Tuesday, June 16, 2009

sixty. . .

Today is John's birthday; he's 60 years old. . . so, we'll go to Luke and Gabrielle's for dinner; Mercy and Josiah will be there too, and I'll make a rhubarb strawberry pie-John's favorite; and then he will go to teach his Bible study at the homeless shelter, of course-for that's what he does every Tuesday, birthday or no birthday. . .

Even to your old age, I shall be the same, and even to your graying years I shall bear you! I have done it and I shall carry you; and I shall bear you, and I shall deliver you. (Isaiah 46:4)

granPapi carrying Amaleah at the zoo.
He asks her, "monkeys or apes? how can you tell?"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I loved the verse that you shared...such a wonderful reminder that though WE may change and grow older with each passing year, that our Immutable God remains the same! Great is His faithfulness!

Happy Birthday, John -- we are so thankful for you!