Monday, September 2, 2013

and today. . .


                                (Berry Buttermilk Muffins from barefootandbaking.blogspot.com)

Monday morning my husband began a new school year, "I've been doing this a long time but I still get excited for the first day!" he told me. 
 I packed his peanut butter and honey sandwich, and he was off, a happy man.

Soul, what does the Lord require of you today. . .to walk in all his ways, to love and serve him with all your heart. . .

So, I had opportunity to bring a meal to two families last week-I like to cook and I love to feed people, but I'm uncomfortable bringing meals. . . I hesitate, "Will they like my food?"

 Soul, Fear people less and love people more. . .and it was good, I'm not sure about my food, but I've learned that if I cook and deliver early, then I can sit and chat.

What does the Lord require of you. . . but to fear him, to love and to serve him. . .

And over coffee and lunch I had 3 opportunities to meet with women last week-that's where I'm comfortable.
One day I listened long and I cried with my friend. . .

comfortable, uncomfortable. . .teach me today to walk in your ways.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

and you have cute toes..:)

Dawn said...

Such a ministry God has given you.
Such a gift.
D xo

Anonymous said...

That is funny to read because my children still remember the meal you brought us when Thomas was sick and what fun it was!
Courtney