Friday, January 27, 2012

He is the One. . .

A few months ago John and I attended a meeting of the Teachers Retirement System of Texas; we're peeking through that crack in the retirement door.
So, there we were- in a room full of Texas teachers, aging teachers ( but young at heart-says my husband). For 2 hours we listened to options, information, choices. . .
And it was difficult, good, confusing, hopeful; I know, I know, change is woven into the fabric of my life. . .but change is almost always perceived as loss.
Then over dinner we discussed the options, information, choices; I determined not to drift away in my mind to a more appealing topic.

Recently I heard from Francey-she moved away last summer (Ah, these dear girls move in and out of my life!) Francey and Michael are facing big change, the exciting kind that swallows your breath. She shared Psalm 37: 23-24 with me.
The steps of a man are established by the Lord;
And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong;
Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
He is the One. . .the Psalmist continues, I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken. . . (37: 25)

So, we keep peeking through the crack, and praying. . .

No comments: