Monday, January 9, 2012

more about respect-and listening

A wise woman builds. . .
So, respect is the opener of eyes-the more I respect about my husband, the more I will see to respect.
And respect is a demeanor that involves listening.
to listen: to pay proper attention to, to heed.
I ask myself: Do I listen carefully, or do I tune out? (when he talks to me about bicycles or the like!)
When I ask my husband, "How was your day?" do I listen, really?
Attentive listening is one of the most significant ways a wife fulfills her helper role. And besides, half listening is rude!
A young woman shared with me that her husband was wrestling with some big decisions regarding their future. "What are you doing to help him?" I asked.
"Well, when he talks to me about these issues, I ask him if he wants me to say something. . .to give my opinion, or this time would he rather that I just listen."
hmmm, good for her. . .

No comments: