Thursday, September 29, 2011

Saturday morning Gabrielle and the children invited me out for bagels and then to the Botanical Gardens-lovely. I arrived home in the afternoon- John and the neighbors were working in the garage with crow bars, shovels and lifts. (our garage leans)
"You had a phone call-she'll call back," my husband said.
She called at 9 P.M. "Sorry. . . I only call you when my life is a mess."
"I'm glad you called," I said- and I listened.

No temptation has overtaken you but such is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Cor 10:13)
That's what I wanted to remind her, for sure. . .that the way of escape is endurance and that God is faithful to give enough grace.
I told her. . . and she listened.
So, she's coming to my house tomorrow. I want to embrace her-and tell her that a woman who trusts in the Lord is like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream, that will not fear when the heat comes. . .nor cease to yield fruit-nor cease to yield fruit. (Jer 17: 7-9)

And I want to tell myself-

3 comments:

Denise said...

I will pray for your time together. Thank you for sharing that reminder. Love the picture.

Anonymous said...

Love you Darcie! This spoke to me this morning and I am so thankful for you. I can feel your hug...and can hear your loving voice saying, "a woman who trusts in the Lord is like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream, that will not fear when the heat comes. . .nor cease to yield fruit-nor cease to yield fruit." (Jer 17: 7-9)

I will trust Him today, Amy

amydemoff@aol.com said...

Hi Darcie,
This really spoke to me this morning. I can feel your hug and hear you say, "...a woman who trusts in the Lord is like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream, that will not fear when the heat comes. . .nor cease to yield fruit...nor cease to yield fruit."(Jer 17: 7-9)

I will trust Him today, Amy

ps Love you sweet Darcie!