Monday, September 26, 2011

Violet's stool. . .

It seems like I have a new piece of furniture when I move an old piece to a new spot. . .
My grandfather made a tall three legged stool for my grandmother, Violet. I've heard that Violet would sit on her tall stool peeling carrots.
Now it's my stool, but I love to think about my tiny grandmother sitting on it, peeling carrots. . . did her legs dangle? did the stool todder?
So, last week I was standing over the recycle bin, flipping fast through magazines, and I saw this idea-Violet's tall stool could be a little table, maybe. . . it works next to my favorite chair; it holds my pile of books smartly, but will it hold a coffee cup-without a todder?
This week I've invited two women over for coffee. I'll try out Violet's stool first, with my coffee cup-and I'll watch for any hint of todder.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love moments like that. I would love to have you over for coffee sometime soon! Life isn't slowing down, but I miss you! Enjoy your week, and your repurposed stool!

Anonymous said...

I see you have "Give Them Grace"...I was going to tell you about it, but I should have known you'd already be reading it!
Courtney