Thursday, September 8, 2011

just a button

So, I'm writing a post about a button-curious, but then the tiniest details seem to weave our lives together, don't you think?
This sweater is ready to send off to sweet Florence, but it needed a button- just one.
So I spilled out the button jar and quickly chose 4 or 5 possibilities. Then I asked my husband his opinion. . .fully expecting that he would respond, whatever-all good. . .
But he didn't-instead he chose the large colorful button, and really, I love it- and I love that my husband had an opinion about my handiwork. . .

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I like the button! Reminds me of some that I had back in the 70's.
:)
You remember those days, yes?

Mercy Newton said...

omg---papi chose so well! kind of impressed right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the button! It compliments the sweater. Husband's sure can surprise us!
Courtney

naomi said...

I think I remember that button from the button jar 20 years ago . . .

Abigail said...

the sweater arrived yesterday.
adorable!
and the button is perfect. she is fascinated with all buttons these days but especially larger pretty ones. :) Thanks!

Jane said...

your knitted sweater is so lovely, Darcie! What type of yarn? I agree--the button is perfect and John chose well! Your little granddaughter will treasure this special gift of love from BOTH of you!